Keevo's baobab energy bars are the perfect snack before, or after your home workout.
YIELD: 10 bars
- 1 cup (250 ml) pitted dates
- 1 cup (250 ml) cashews
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut oil, slightly melted
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Keevo’s Baobab
- ½ cup (125 ml) puffed grains (rice or quinoa)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dark chocolate chips
- Blend the dates, cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a food processor for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add Keevo’s Baobab and the puffed grains to the food processor and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular glass or aluminium dish and crush to obtain a smooth texture.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for about a minute. Stir to obtain a smooth texture.
- Using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour and cut into 10 even bars.